“Eating healthy, balanced, diversified and avoid sedentary provide the foundation for preventing any disease,” says Prof. Dr. George Mencinicopschi, director of the Institute of Food Research.
What should I avoid to prevent breast cancer?
According to our expert, should be avoided:
- High energy density foods (which have more than 100 kcal/100 g): pastries, sweets, junk food-type products;
- Very high glycemic load products, for example, cakes;
- Hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated fats (margarine);
- Fruits and vegetables prepared in the form of jams and compotes;
- Fried foods
- Preservatives, artificial coloring, food additives in general;
- Cooking and heating food in microwave oven;
- Grapefruit – contain active ingredients that interfere with the detoxification process, modifying the action of drugs, says nutritionist. Fruit juice or grapefruit juice is very healthy if eaten by people who have no health problems and was not treated;
- Red meat;
- Smoking – though many researchers say has not been established until now a precise link between smoking and breast cancer, says Dr. Mencinicopschi “Although tobacco primarily affects the lungs, resulting in lung cancer, it sensitizes the whole body and thus can develop other types of cancer;
Foods to maintain breast health
Food should be consumed in their natural state, with as little as they are modified so it is better for health.
You can eat with confidence:
- The more vegetables. Recent research highlights the benefits that vegetables in preventing and stopping breast cancer. One such vegetable is broccoli. Take care but the way in which the vegetables cook. Do not boil too much, possibly steam cook them to enjoy their properties;
- More fruits. It should also be consumed in their natural state and be green. Of these it seems that apples are very set in their shell because there is a flavonoid called quercetin – very effective against breast cancer. Pomegranates also contain polyphenols – substances that prevent mammary tumors;
- Soybean, but only if obtained organic without being genetically modified. Contains izoflavonoide, and sometimes they are given soy supplements because of its estrogenic activity. Depending on the type of cancer faced by women, can eat soy, but only on the recommendation of the treating physician;
- Green tea – but not just any green tea, “says nutritionist,” must be a tea. Drink a cup or two a day, from morning until noon not to create insomnia, reduces oxidative stress and burn fat.